Were you injured in an auto accident by another driver? If your injury was serious under the law, then you may have the right to recover pain and suffering damages from the driver.

Under Michigan Law, you cannot sue a driver of another car just for scratches and bruises that have no real impact on your life. If you suffer a serious injury under the law, which is referred to as “a serious impairment of body function,” then you have a right to sue the other driver for negligence in causing you serious injury.

There are many, many types of injuries which qualify as a “serious impairment of a bodily function” which do not necessarily mean you have lost an arm or a leg. So, it is important that if you believe you are suffering and lingering from long term effects of an injury suffered in an automobile accident, then you should contact an attorney as soon as possible to determine whether or not a claim should be filed. There is a statute of limitations on those claims and the sooner you determine whether a case should be filed, then the better.

At Nye & Associates, PLLC, we do free consultations for injuries related to an auto accident. We will be happy to evaluate your claim and advise you on how to proceed.